Friday, July 24, 2009

5 Years Later and I Couldn't Love Him More

WARNING: this is the sappiest blog I have ever an will probably ever write. However, it was on my heart and I now share it with you.


When I first saw Joe it was at a basketball game at Grace College. He was on the team and my friend Annika (whom I was visiting since I was not attending the school yet) pointed him out to me as he ran on the court. If I did believe in "Love at first sight", I experienced it at that moment. I will not say that Joe was the reason that I transferred to Grace College the following semester, but I do believe that my life story which lead me to make the decision to go to Grace was all designed by God to bring me to Joe. I even remember being in Elementary school and watching a high school basketball game in which GBHS played a team from Manila, Philippines called Faith Academy (Joe's school and Raina, Joe's sister was actually playing on the team) I remember thinking to myself, "My future husband could be anywhere in this world, he could even be in the Philippines" Yes, a silly romantic thought of a young girl, but it is a memory that stuck with me and in the end came true. Like I said before I don't believe in love at first sight, but I do know this: I prayed fervently for God's perfect mate for me since I was a young girl. I prayed that God would never let me settle and that I would patiently await His best for me. Since the day I married Joe I have never doubted for one second that he was what I had been praying for my whole life. From the moment I saw Joe, I only had eyes for Joe. Thank you, Jesus for the amazing blessing my husband is to me. And thank you Joe for waiting patiently for me as well. I love you, I admire you, I respect you and I am so grateful for our life together. Here are some pictures of our first trip to vegas exactly 5 years ago, And our recent 5 year anniversary trip to Vegas exactly 5 years later.


  
 

6 comments:

Alisha said...

Wow! Five years already?!!! I can't believe it! I feel like I got to see the whole thing play out :) Congratulations you two!!! Your story made me tear up!

Cathy May said...

That was so wonderful! I am going to save this and have Emily read it when she's a little bit older (she's just turning 11-still doesn't even like boys!) 5 years later Joe basically looks the same, but I do think you look even more beautiful! Congratulations on the first 5 years of a lifetime of love with each other!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Cathy May.

Christie you are more beautiful than ever.

As Joseph's mother I am so blessed by what you have written about my son AND so very blessed that you are my "daughter in love."

God bless you both in your marriage.
Anita/Mom/Nonnie

Kevin and Erica said...

wow Christie that was really sweet, maybe I'm hormonal or something but it brought tears to my eyes. I love the pictures you put comparing now and 5 years ago. Congrats on 5 yrs with the man God had for you :) I feel the same way about my husband!

Unknown said...

YAY!!! I love you guys!!!! I am glad to have all 4 of you as a part of my life.

Brenda said...

I haven't been on your blog for a while, so it was nice to go through the pictures and read up on your family. Here, I always thought you came to Grace because of the cheerleading. Ha! I do love seeing how God's hand has moved in your life, Christie Jean and I'm blessed because of it. Hug Joe, Elinor and Baby Boy for me. Thanks for sharing.