Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Day Before

I have to admit that there have been some huge plusses to knowing the exact date I am going to give birth. I have been able to plan out the days before labor to the minute! ;) hmmmmm..... Haven't I learned yet that things never go exactly as planned?!!! Well let's just say we had a slight "hitch" in our schedule when we found fleas on our dog Roxie monday night. AHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I know I am not totally in my right mind right now but someone PLEASE agree with me that this is just about the worst thing that could happen while 9 months pregnant, with an infant coming in a few days and a toddler that enjoys licking just about every surface she comes across. Fortunately we caught it early and though I went into a slight panic waking up the whole house late Monday night to bath, vacuum, strip sheets, and wash clothing, we had it under control quickly. But like I said my in depth cleaning, packing, and memory making schedule was messed up. Thank you Jesus for reminding me you are in control and I am not, I would not want it any other way. And might I add that I have the most amazing and understanding husband in the world!
However, there was one thing that was so incredibly important to me and I am actually rather emotional about the whole thing. And that was purposefully making memories with Elinor before she is no longer my only baby. I have had a plan for a long time now that the day before Charley comes I wanted to have a special day with Elinor. I am so very thankful to God that He allowed us to have the sweetest most precious time together today as a family. I know I will cherish these memories. It is hard for me to put into words all the emotions that are going through me when it comes to Elinor becoming a "big sister" so I will not try. Here are some pictures of our last day before we become a family of 4.


Silly Elinor and Daddy

Winning some tickets at the arcade

"Look what I won!"

Our last Family of 3 Picture

Mommy's Choice for Elinor

Elinor's Choice (the one we actually bought)

My babies

Greek food! She loved gyro

She totally got sick on sherbet


7 comments:

Brenda Worrell said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, dear Christie Jean. I can tell Elinor enjoyed her day with Mom and Dad. I know she'll be a big help with baby brother. I'm really excited for you to be welcoming Charley into the world and will be praying for a safe and smooth delivery. My hugs and love go out to you and Joe.

Alisha said...

I cant wait to see pictures of the new baby!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers as your delivery day approaches.

Laura said...

I'm so glad you were able to have this special day. I know it means so much to you. Thanks for sharing it with us...I love your dress - I'm a little jealous :)

Unknown said...

I love that you did this, you are an excellent Mom and I am so proud of the woman you have become. Just relax a little!! It always works out even when the plan isn't yours. I know you know this. I can hardly wait to see pics of your newest one. I'm thinking that as I write this Charley is probably here. Get some rest, Joe is such a great help, you are truly blessed. Hugs and Kisses!!!

Anonymous said...

hey christie! It's Sam!
I know that you're all birthy, but I'm gonna be down in so-cal oct. 8-12, and I was hoping I could drop in and see your gorgeous face. That Saturday the 10th I have free from quasi-familial obligations, so let me know if I can harass you for a few hours. I'll call you when it gets closer to time. Even if you're slightly comatose from the prego-drama, know that my penchant for hilarity will rip through your veggie state and bring you laughing up to consciousness. Love you. Sam

Alisha said...

What a beautiful baby!!! He's so sweet!!! :) Can't wait to see more pictures.

Kevin and Erica said...

What a great day to share with your family! I loved the pictures :)
Erica